Choose the most convenient day and time and we will contact you for the exact time of the visit.
Our specialist will answer all your questions!
If a child is experiencing gnashing of teeth
If a child gnashes his teeth occasionally when milk teeth or permanent teeth germinate, jaw grows, it is quite normal, this is a physiological process and there is no need to anything. When permanent jawbone forms, this phenomenon resolves itself. However, if gnashing of teeth begins to weary, you have to look for reasons.
Bruxism or gnashing of teeth at night – is a common cause of emotional stress and anxiety, so if your child is experiencing gnashing of teeth:
* Encourage his physical activity, because physical exercises relax muscles, relieve stress.
* Do not allow your child to romp, play active games one hour before bedtime. Muscles need time to relax, so better engage him in any quiet activities, e.g. speak, read, and list a book together.
* Before going to bed, talk to your child how he is doing, how was his day, find out what excites him, worries. After he talks to you, he will calm down and relax.
* One hour before sleep, do not let the baby eat, only drink water.
* Frequent reason for gnashing of teeth occurs due to overwork, so try to put your child to bed earlier.
If your child complains of pain in the jaw in the morning, put on a washcloth soaked in warm water until the pain subsides.
Bruxism causes may include other:
* Incorrect bite.
* Inappropriate diet, deficiency of magnesium and vitamin B5.
* Medications, allergic reactions, and history of certain diseases.
In any case it is best to consult with a dentist.
Read more about bruxism
The first permanent molars germinate at 6-7 years of life. These teeth are particularly vulnerable, because the surface of the fissures is not completely mineralized and deep, and children do not always clean these teeth well, so they decay quickly. And these are already PERMANENT teeth. Therefore the first molars are recommended to cover with sealants as soon as they erupt.
Sealant is a special varnish, filling teeth fissures and strengthening them.
• Dental sealant coating process is very short and painless, but very effective. If the teeth are covered with sealants in time, the risk of caries reduces 80 to 90 percent.
• After this procedure, control is carried out in 3 months, later - during every check-up.
• If sealant falls out, the procedure of molars sealant coating shall be repeated.
By the way, dental sealants are not always necessary. Only a dentist can determine this. If the teeth are already affected by decay, first they need to be cured. There are cases when dental fissures are flat and well mineralized, so sealants are not required.
Did you know that during the day there accumulates soft dental plaque on the teeth, and we clean it with a toothbrush and dental floss. But there are places which we do not reach. After a few days plaque mineralizes in uncleaned areas, and within ten to twenty days they turn into dental tartar. Most likely dental tartar forms in those places where teeth while eating does not clean itselves, i.e. between the teeth, around the neck of the teeth, in dental pockets, on the teeth, which are not being chewed with, on the inner surface of the teeth. They interfere with the natural purification of the mouth, holding bacteria, does not look aesthetic, can cause bad breath, gingivitis, parodontosis, so they must be periodically removed.
Professional oral hygiene is recommended every 6 months, and if the tartar tends to accumulate intensively and if you have periodontal diseases - every 3-4 months.
Caring for dental implants
Caring for dental implants is very important. Teeth on implants will serve you for all your life, if you take care for them properly and every day. Oral hygiene is very similar to the natural teeth: cleaning teeth with a toothbrush, flossing twice a day, cleaning tongue, rinsing with a mouthwash, professional oral hygiene twice a year, annual check-up at the dentist‘s. Brushing teeth on implants, it is very important to clean between the teeth and places where the implant contacts with the gums, because the acids in plaque violate gums and cause inflammation, which may eventually spread and damage the bone around the implant. As a result, there is a risk of losing the implant. Therefore, be sure to use dental floss and interdental brushes. Implants should be protected from abrasion, because those places quickly accumulate plaque. Do not use whitening toothpastes with abrasive components (e.g. Soda, etc.), wires of interdental brushes must be coated with quality bristles, avoid scratching teeth with metal objects. Avoid chewing extremely hard food (e.g. nuts, caramel), as prosthesis or its decoration may crack or even break. If you gnash, be sure to tell your dentist. He will find out the reason, produce a bruxism dental guard, if needed, which will not only relax masseter muscles, but also protect your prosthesis from crack and wear. Look for an immediate medical attention if gum inflammation lasts, prosthesis starts to get loose, hinder, it hurts when you bite.
Healthy teeth recipe for pregnant women
Pregnancy – is the time of change in a woman's body. Due to hormonal changes, gums of pregnant women may be more sensitive, inflammation of the gums is often, and teeth are more vulnerable to decay. During this period, proper dental care is important. Here are a few tips:
* Brush your teeth with a soft toothbrush and toothpaste with fluoride 2 times for 2 minutes every day. Soft toothbrush does not traumatize enamel and gums, while fluorine strengthens teeth. If you feel nauseous because of the taste or smell of the toothpaste, select tasteless one.
* Once a day, floss your teeth to remove the remains of food between the teeth, where toothbrush cannot reach. When flossing, inflammation of the gums and bleeding are easilynoticeable.
* If you suffer from morning sickness, after vomiting rinse your mouth with water, milk or soda, to neutralize the acid. Do not clean the teeth with a toothbrush after you vomit, becausestomach acid etches tooth enamel, while brushing results in more rapid erosion of tooth enamel.
* Visit your dentist for a check-up. If there is caries, so the second trimester of pregnancy (4-6 months) – is the safest time to dental treatment. Tooth extraction or filling will not provokemiscarriage or premature birth, if appropriate treatment, medications will be chosen and a woman will not feel stress or high fear.
* Eat healthy food, plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, food with high in calcium. Fruits and vegetables containing vitamins A, C and D are good for healthy oral cavity, while calcium is useful not only to you, but also for the baby.
* Avoid frequent snacks, sugary, starchy food. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after eating sweets, sour dishes, and sour fruits (citrus, pineapple, kiwi, apple, etc.).
Key points for choosing dental implantation
More and more people all over the world are interested in dental implantation. After losing their teeth, patients prefer dental implants, because it is convenient, modern and reliable. However, it is not easy to pick out what is what in such plenty of information and advertising.
First of all, we must remember that dental implantation is addressing a question about our most precious wealth - health, SO IT IS A MUST TO RECEIVE COMPLETE INFORMATION about the course of treatment, quality, prices, and doctor‘s qualification.
What is important the patient to know?
- Implantation and prosthodontics on implants are an intervention into your body, what determines your health. It is therefore important the doctor to correctly and honestly evaluate your case. We are all different and such treatment, which has been applied to your friend, neighbor or relative, will not necessarily suit for you. During implantation, in other words surgery, the doctor must understand and evaluate the condition of your jaw, gums, bite, adjacent teeth, and the situation of vital places (blood vessels, nerves, salivary glands, and so on). According to the radiograms, diagnostic models and other important studies in your case, the doctor has to carry out measurements, joint consultations with other specialists, prepare a treatment plan, and anticipate the risk of complications and their treatment.
While choosing implantation and prosthodontics method for the patient, the doctor, who respects himself and his patient, values not only the price. The quality of treatment and the patient's health 10, 20 years later is important to him.
Dentist implantologist with supporting certificates has to have sufficient experience in various surgical operations and implantation.
- Quality product will last longer and will be more reliable. Increase in the number of implantations, caused an increasing number of firms offering implants and dental clinics working with several implant systems. In this case, the patient sees only the differences of price. The quality has a price, as creating any product requires a lot of time, investment, and medical research. Implant manufacturers, competing with the companies of the best implant names all over the world, are constantly seeking to improve the implant shape, material composition, prosthodontic components etc., to ensure the quality of their product, providing the warranty period. The patient learns about implant from data on its packaging, and after implantation he must obtain „implant passport“, which contains information about the product and the surgery (implantation) provided.
How to avoid tooth decay (dental caries)
In the primary stage decay looks like a mealy spot on the surface of enamel. In favorable conditions, caries forms within 15-20 days. Decay can be seen with a naked eye after just a month or a bit longer period of time. Caries can be felt by very brief stinging pain from cold, hot, sweet and sour products. It becomes difficult to chew, you can feel the cavity with your tongue, and the food stuck in the cavity.
Increasing and deepening, tooth decay damages the pulp. Such decay is called complicated. To prevent caries and its complications (pulp inflammation, bone destruction in the area of tooth root tip) we should:
Adult’s teeth are sealed with light firming fillings, which are adjusted to the color of the tooth. In some cases, amalgam fillings are used. Milk teeth are sealed with glass ionomer fillings, which may be close to the tooth color or colorful.
The text prepared by: dr. Jurgita Raulynaitiene
You see 7 tip(s)